Coulrophobia [noun]: the extreme or irrational fear of clowns.
What does it take to claim the most viewed listing (ever) on REALTOR.ca? For one REALTOR® and his clients in Brantford, opting to leave their quirky property as-is led to the listing going viral.
From CBC to BBC and Buzzfeed, The Loop and Vice, the two-bedroom home, now affectionately referred to as the “clown house” attracted viewers from around the globe and brought in more than 1.3 million in three days on REALTOR.ca.
While it’s not every day you come across a listing as unique as this home in southwestern Ontario (or that people take notice), it proves social sharing can enhance your property’s reach.
Curious of how many times the clown house listing was shared on various social platforms? We have the numbers:
With more than 1.9 billion active users each month, it should come as no surprise Facebook remains the world’s most popular social media platform. And millennials (those aged 25 to 34) – or as we know them in the industry, first time home buyers – are an important and engaged demographic you could be targeting.
So, how can you take advantage of this potential? Try these tips:
- Use the REALTOR.ca share buttons. With the click of a button, you can easily share listings with your clients, friends and family or on your own social accounts.
- Add personal share buttons to enhance your REALTOR® profile on REALTOR.ca.
- If you’re a marketer on Facebook, you know about “the algorithm.” Don’t forget, Facebook offers a number of ways to promote posts and target specific audiences through advertising.
- While a good communications strategy involves planning and consistency, sometimes you can create momentum by following and taking advantage of in-the-moment trends and conversations.
- Quality over quantity. Posting frequently doesn’t guarantee engagement. The more relevant you are to your targeted audience, the more likely they’ll be to engage with your content.
What lessons will you take from the clown house to use in your own strategies moving forward? Let us know in the Comments section below.