In it’s third year, the “2 Minutes to Win It with REALTOR.ca” contest proved to be another hit among REALTORS®.
The contest, which ran for six weeks, encouraged REALTORS® to take advantage of member-only REALTOR.ca tools to save time and help grow their business. With more than 31,200 entries, participation in this year’s contest was the highest since its launch.
Congratulations to our grand prize winner David Odamura from Courtney, British Columbia who received a $5,000 gift certificate from giftcertificates.ca. When asked about his key takeaway from the contest, Odamura said, “I was extremely surprised at the amount of information and business tools available from REALTOR.ca and the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). I stumbled upon a guide for buyers outlining the steps and procedures and what’s involved in the purchase of a home. It was clear, concise and very informative.”
Odamura also noted, “All too often, we as REALTORS® take this information for granted as we are so familiar with the process.”
We also had six weekly winners from coast-to-coast who received $500 gift cards from Costco, Petro Canada or Staples.
- Challenge 1: Learn why REALTOR.ca is great for Canadians but even better for REALTORS®. Michele Steeves, New Hamburg, Ontario.
- Challenge 2: Discover the subtle and not-so-subtle ways REALTOR.ca helps your listings. Kevin Grenier, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Challenge 3: Never worry about out-of-date listings with the REALTOR.ca Data Distribution Facility (DDF®). Sheila Sinnott, Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia.
- Challenge 4: Use REALTOR.ca Listing Statistics to help track performance. Denis Larose, Québec, Québec.
- Challenge 5: Grow your business with a suite of REALTOR.ca tools. Elaine Cheng, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Challenge 6: Introducing Living Room – a REALTOR.ca blog for you to share. Andrea Sinow, Vancouver, British Columbia.
When asked what she loves most about REALTOR.ca, Challenge 1 winner Michele Steeves said, “I love being able to email my sellers the views over time on their listing. It helps reinforce how important getting the price right at the beginning of the listing is, since this is when the most views happen.”
Fun fact: An average of 26 leads are sent to REALTORS® every five minutes from REALTOR.ca*.
Need a recap on Listing Statistics? Check out the video below:
Challenge 2 winner, Kevin Grenier, stressed the importance of REALTOR® Profiles. He said: “REALTOR.ca is the go-to website for qualified clients. Having your profile up-to-date is your direct connection to these high-quality leads. Don’t miss your opportunity to get in front of them by making sure you have a quality profile on REALTOR.ca.”
In 2018, there were 885 million property views on REALTOR.ca and 6 million views of REALTOR® profiles*.
Here’s how REALTOR.ca helps make your listings shine:
With REALTOR.ca tools, you have access to the following resources:
- Listing Statistics;
- Email Leads;
- Consumer Insights and;
Missed your chance to participate in this year’s contest? Check out all the contest videos on our YouTube playlist.
You can also get started with your tools today at member.REALTOR.ca.
Thanks to everyone who participated in this year’s contest. Share your key takeaways in the Comment section below.
*2018 REALTOR.ca Insights Report.