With CREA’s annual Political Action Committee (PAC) Days advocacy conference kicking off in less than two weeks (October 16), here’s a “PAC-ing” list to help you make the most out of your visit to Ottawa.
- Business attire for PAC Days sessions and MP meetings on the Hill.
- A watch so you are punctual for your MP meetings.
- Your tablet or smartphone so you can check on your MP meetings, access e-versions of conference materials, watch the pre-PAC Days training videos on the REALTOR® Action Network (RAN).
- A book to read during travel and downtime. We recommend The Last of the President’s Men by our keynote speaker Bob Woodward.
- Weather-appropriate accessories. Check out the 14-day forecast
- Valid identification to get you through security at the airport and on the Hill—a driver’s licence (if you’re travelling from within Canada) or passport will work.
- Business cards to hand to your MP, their staff and your PAC peers.
- PAC materials to review in the lead-up to your MP meeting. While print materials to leave with your MP will be provided upon registration, you will need to download and/or print materials for your own use in advance.
- Your PAC pin to demonstrate your commitment to REALTOR® federal advocacy. Don’t have one? You can pick one up at registration.
- A selfie stick to help you get yourself, your fellow PAC Reps and the Peace Tower all in one Instagram-worthy shot. If you’ll be sharing photos and comments about your PAC Days experience on social media, don’t forget to use the #CREAPAC16 and #ProudREALTORS hashtags!
For more information on the conference, including all materials and registration, visit REALTORActionNetwork.ca. If you’re interested in becoming a PAC Rep, contact your board or association.